Friday, November 20, 2009

Alumni User Profile #1: Sammy

NAME: Samuel J. Childenhall the Second of Sprightly Fields y Castile (aka Sammy)

BREED: Poodle bichon, 19 lbs of sheer ferocity

AGE: 6 or 7

RESIDENCE: Elizabeth NJ, Tacoma 2005-2008

FAVORITE PARK ACTIVITIES: Shirking away from alpha dogs and heading toward the exit - I prefer humans

FAVORITE NON-PARK ACTIVITIES: Chasing flies, tummy rubs on my Beasley, being held like a baby, riding on the NJ Turnpike, inhaling some fumes and listening to Bruce (Exit 11, BABY!). Rooting for whoever plays the Yanks.

CANINE HEROES: Any dog who can evade wearing a costume for Halloween or Christmas

FAVORITE CELEBRITY DOGS: Baby, the three-legged bichon who with his mom Jana Kohl crusade against puppy mills (and get their pics taken with high profile peeps).

HUMANS I'D MOST LIKE TO EMULATE: Henry David Thoreau

OTHER PARKS VISITED: Marymoor (awesome!), Wright Park and Point Defiance were my fave hangouts but I've gone to some lame ones in NJ, I did Dog-O-Ween at Genesee with my cuzin Murphy in 2006.

ADOPTED: Kitsap Humane Society

http://www.kitsaphumane.org

EDITOR'S NOTE: Sammy's family moved from Tacoma to New Jersey last year. While known for many things (The Boss, Atlantic City, the boardwalk, interstate highways), the Garden State is not blessed with dog parks like those in Seattle (or the lovely Rainier Valley). Perhaps Sammy's family will lead the movement to establish off-leash, dog parks in Jersey!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sammy! We miss you! I remain a regular contributor to KCHS in your honor!

    ReplyDelete