Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kirby Beagle, Your Enthusiasm is Showing: Beef... real food for real beagles

Kirby Beagle here.

The health-conscious among you must find it puzzling that people in Seattle are knocking themselves out -- some to the point of cheating -- to lure a burger joint to their neighborhoods.

Somebody asked me, "Kriby Beagle, shouldn't we stop the establishment of grease-laden food? Shouldn't we encourage businesses that sell healthy food to the Rainier Valley?

I say, "Go chase a car."

I'm a dog. I don't understand cholesterol counts, blocked arteries, and human obesity. But I know what I like: food. While I'm always happy to find the ubiquitous chicken bone during a walk in the Rainier Valley, I also enjoy variety. I've tasted a couple Dick's cheeseburgers in my lifetime, and I wouldn't mind a more consistent supply. We don't get out to Broadway or Wallingford very often. A trip to Lake City Way more likely stems from an emergency visit at Access than a burger feeding a burger fix. I've never been to Queen Anne or Holman Road.

Locate a Dick's Drive-In in the Rainier Valley - maybe near Hillman City or that stretch between the commercially challenged area between the Silver Fork restaurant and Franklin High School -- and I know there'd be an influx of cheeseburgers and hand-cut fries in the Genesee Dog Park. It cracks me up when people bring food to the park, and then get mad when I want a bite. Awhile back some yum-yums set up an agility course at the park with a buffet table full of doughnuts and dog treats -- and then got nasty when a pal and I investigated. Another time, a young woman climbed on a log in a panic and hurriedly downed her sausage-and-egg biscuit rather than share breakfast with her new friends. Do any of you chuckle heads remember that you're at a dog park?

We're dogs. We think we're entitled. A local Dick's Drive-In would make many dogs -- maybe yours -- in the Rainier Valley happy. Think about that when you vote on the new Dick's location.

Later,
Kirby Beagle

No comments:

Post a Comment